When founders want to build a business with strong competitive edge, but don't have the right knowledge and affordable tools, roiquant solutions help founders validate the market at minimal cost, so they can make data-informed decisions to improve and innovate their business.
Try roiquant free, no credit card required. *Formerly known as Flipidea.
Over 85% of companies worldwide won't survive up to 10 years.
Evidently, the shutdown rate is staggeringly high.
Our mission is to help founders reduce risk of business failure.
Top 10 reasons why companies shut down
Strong competition - 9.0% (92) Poor business model - 6.5% (67) Lack of funds - 5.8% (59) No product-market fit - 5.0% (51) Failed fundraising - 4.4% (45) Failed acquisition (takeover) - 4.0% (41) Poor product-market fit - 3.7% (38) Acqui-hire - 3.7% (38) Acquired - 3.5% (36) Covid-19 pandemic - 3.1% (32)
Postmortem analysis of 1,026 shuttered companies with recorded reasons for shutdown.
Total of 127 unique reasons for shutdown were identified.
Pie chart is only showing the top 10 reasons for shutdown (total 48.7%), while the remaining 51.3% of reasons are hidden.
Lifespans of companies
37.1% of companies shuttered within 3 years.
26.5% of companies shuttered in 3 to 5 years.
89.2% of companies shuttered within 10 years.
Based on 8,377 inactive companies with recorded operational duration data.
We help you
Our solutions solve problems for
Unique value proposition
We serve founders who are dissatisfied with expensive tools and noisy data by building intelligent data-centric solutions to power decisions, risk analytics, and data intelligence. Unlike our competitors, roiquant's affordable startup intelligence empowers founders to analyze, validate, and innovate their businesses.
get 20% off Only USD $67.20 per year USD $84 per year
Note: Annual billing:
Save 20% (USD $16.80) from original annual pricing of USD $84
Only available if you pay with annual billing for our Basic Plan
USD $67.20 per year (USD $5.60 per month)
USD $7 per month (USD $84 per year)
roiquant community: free curated readings, rich discussions, and resources structurally organized for on-demand engagement.
We engage with you on daily basis.
roiquant newsletters: data and products updates, latest shutdowns, funders sourcing, memo letters, promotional offers, and more.
We don't spam. We only write periodically and when necessary.
Customer value proposition
Founders, we know you value insightful data and intelligent tools. This is why roiquant's affordable startup intelligence is great value for you because we empower you to make prudent strategies, innovate creatively, fundraise strategically, and reduce costly mistakes. Create FREE account now. *Formerly known as Flipidea.
Disclaimer: Any information, data and content on our business intelligence platform, web applications or websites are for general information use only. The information and analyses presented on our web applications and websites do not constitute any legal, business, investment or tax advice. Even though certain information are cited from third-party sources while believed to be reliable, roiquant has not independently verified such information and makes no representations about the accuracy of the information or its appropriateness for any given situation. References to any securities or charts or graphs and all materials provided in connection with roiquant's web applications or websites are provided strictly on “AS IS” basis without any representations or warranties, express or implied, which should not be relied upon when making any investment decision. Any projections, estimates, forecasts, targets, recommendations, prospects, and/or opinions expressed in these materials are subject to change without notice and may differ or be contrary to opinions expressed by others. Our proprietary data retrieval systems scan the Internet to automatically aggregate public information from news articles, websites, press releases, regulatory filings, and so on. Roiquant's idea checker, tools, simulations, intelligence and algorithmic systems are powered by artificial intelligence and advanced analytics using our own proprietary data and synergised public data. Roiquant does not warrant the completeness or accuracy of data provided, so you would need to independently verify the information. Nevertheless, we encourage you to check the accuracy of our information before its use. We also gently advise that you obtain sufficient knowledge, market understanding, professional advice and experience to make your own evaluation of the merits and risks of any actions with the information.